After many months without a significant update, we finally get to see where the HasLab Victory Saber project stands. Hasbro has posted a video that gives fans a look at the Victory Saber Engineering Sample and every mode for both Star Saber and Victory Leo. I took some notes while watching the video and you'll find over 50 screen caps in the gallery below. You can watch the video on Hasbro's site here.
Star Saber Notes
- Engineering samples DO NOT reflect final colors and have no deco.
- Micromasters are still included but since they are just redecos they do not come with the engineering sample.
- Star Saber is about a Commander Class size, taller than Siege Optimus Prime.
- Sword blade can be attached in two positions.
- Arms have butterfly joints allowing Star Saber to hold sword in both hands.
- Sword storage mirrors Anime with a 5mm port on his back.
- Blade can store in the left leg.
- Shield can either snap onto forearm or be held in his hand.
- Shield can also act as a sheath for the sword and still stores on the arm. Shield has additional 5mm ports for more weapon storage.
- Sword can also attach to a 5mm port on the panel to the side of his waist.
- Hands have the same gimmick as Commander Class Jetfire where the 5mm port slides out when the fist closes.
- Plenty of ratchet joints on the figure and ankle swivels.
- Saber is roughly a Deluxe Class figure.
- The sword handle needs to be extended to attach the blade.
- Brainmaster mini-figure fits in Saber's cockpit in vehicle mode.
Victory Leo & Victory Saber Notes
- Yellow on Victory Leo's EP sample is pale compared to what will be on the final product.
- Victory Leo is a "chunky" Voyager.
- No waist articulation due to his transformation.
- VLock Cannon can be held in a fist or attached to the hip.
- Smaller cannons store on the back, but can be attached to the forearms or held in fists.
- Blast Effects will be green in the final product.
- V-Lock Cannon stores on back in combined form.
- Shield stores over the cannon on the back.