Release Date: October 2019
Price Point: $19.99
Retailer: Walmart Exclusive
Accessories: "W-45 Acid Pellet Blaster", "W-50 Volt-Beam Cannons" x 2
Official images and text below in italics are from Walmart.com:
- 35th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION COLLECTION: Celebrate the 35th Anniversary of Transformers robots with Special Edition figures
- BUILD THE ULTIMATE BATTLEFIELD: Discover an expansive ecosystem of collectible figures and weapon accessories with War for Cybertron: Siege figures. (Each sold separately. Subject to availability). This figure features a Special Edition 35th Anniversary packaging design.
- CUSTOMIZABLE WEAPON LOADOUT: 35th Anniversary Special Edition Bluestreak figure comes with 3 weapon accessories. Multiple C.O.M.B.A.T. weapon ports on figure enable weapon accessories to attach in custom configurations in bot and vehicle modes.
- EXPANDABLE WEAPON SELECTION: Fans can build bigger mission loadouts by compiling an arsenal of additional weapon accessories from other Siege figures. (Each sold separately. Subject to availability).
- G1-INSPIRED CYBERTRONIAN ALT MODE: Deluxe Class WFC-S64 Bluestreak toy features classic conversion between robot and Cybertronian vehicle modes in 14 steps.
- Celebrate the 35th Anniversary of Transformers robots with this Special Edition WFC-S64 Bluestreak figure, featuring a Special Edition 35th Anniversary packaging design.
Build the ultimate battlefield with Siege figures. Siege plunges fans into the epic fight to survive on the final day of the Autobot and Decepticon battle to control Cybertron. The Decepticon resistance army and the Autobot counter-resistance fighters gear up with the C.O.M.B.A.T. System, the universe's most advanced modular weaponry -- including the determined Autobot army private and gunner, Bluestreak.
The Deluxe Class Special Edition WFC-S64 Bluestreak figure includes 3 weapon accessories.
With this Bluestreak figure, fans can add to their Praxus-native collection. Bluestreak, along with Smokescreen, Barricade, Bluestreak, and Prowl (each sold separately, subject to availability) make up the Praxian characters designed in their native Cybertronian forms.
Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro.
Includes Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe 35th Anniversary Class Special Edition WFC-S64 Bluestreak figure, 3 weapon accessories, and instructions. Figure scale: 5.5 inches. Ages 8 and up. Warning: Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.
Bluestreak was one of the original Autobots introduced in 1984. The original Bluestreak figure was a redeco and retool of the sculpt used for Prowl. Now, 35 years later history repeats itself as the sculpt used for Siege Prowl has been given a new deco (and a couple different accessories) and released as Bluestreak! This character has popped up now and then over the years as "Silverstreak" due to trademark reasons. Versions of the character include:
- Spychanger Silverstreak
- Universe 2.0 Silverstreak
- Alternators Silverstreak
- Combiner Wars Silverstreak
Instead of being a mass release figure, Bluestreak was released as part of the 35th Anniversary Wal-Mart exclusive series of figures in late 2019. In countries outside North America he was a more general release.
Bluestreak's packaging has some similarities to the boxes used for the main Siege toy line. They are both rectangular with an angle on one side. However, instead of the usual Siege graphics, much of the box has a bold red and white pattern on it to signify the 35th Anniversary sub-line of Siege. Unlike the Siege boxes, the character art is on the flat side of the box showing Bluestreak firing at an unseen enemy. The back of the box shows Bluestreak in both modes indicating a 14 step transformation. The packaging looks cool. It's distinctive yet fits with the aesthetic of the Siege packaging.
Unlike some of the other variations on this base sculpt, Bluestreak comes with three accessories: the "W-45 Acid Pellet Blaster" and two "W-50 Volt-Beam Cannons". The "Acid Pellet Blaster" is the same basic sculpt as the weapon originally included with Siege Prowl. This time the piece is cast in the same dark shade of silver as most of Bluestreak himself. However, except for the handle/peg it is painted silver (a nice touch). The weapon also features a 5mm port on top to attach other weapons.
The other two accessories are the blasters that attach to either side of the robot head. These are meant to call back to similar weapons on G1 Bluestreak, but these are shaped more like small machine guns than missile launchers. Each weapon features a tab on the side and bottom which will allow them to attach to slots on the figure flanking the head or in his 5mm ports. You can also connect the two weapons together to form a blaster! Each of these weapons is cast in a dark silver color that looks fantastic.
Bluestreak is a straight up redeco of Prowl. That said, his deco is a lot nicer. His plastic colors include a beautiful dark silver, red, black and translucent grey. Paint colors on the figure include black, gunmetal grey, silver, red and blue. These colors are largely a callback to his G1 toy which featured similar colors. I love the color distribution on this figure. The colors are all broken up in ways that help make him visually interesting. The red and silver really pop and overall it looks fantastic. The gunmetal grey and shiny black paint are subtle, but beautiful in their own way too. The hardcore G1 fan in me would have loved to see some of the stickers from G1 Bluestreak recreated here but I get how this serves as a nice middle ground between a G1 toy and cartoon model homage.
All the joints on my copy of this figure are just as tight as those on my Prowl figure. All his weapon attachment points are also nice and tight.
Transformation to Vehicle Mode:
- Detach the accessories and set them aside for now.
- Straighten out the arms and legs.
- Push the heels on each foot up.
- Push the lower legs together.
- Point the feet down.
- Swing the chest and arms section up.
- Swing the middle panel of the hood piece up.
- Swing the mid-body panel under the hood.
- Rotate the lower body around.
- Swing the lower legs up over the thighs.
- Swing the section with the robot head and legs up under the hood.
- Swing the arms out to the sides.
- Swing the arms in, then swing them down under the car.
- The "W-45 Acid Pellet Blaster" can attach to the top of the vehicle and the "W-50 Volt-Beam Cannons" can attach to the hood.
There have been no sculpting changes made for this mode, but it lacks the lightbar used on Prowl and Barricade. This gives the vehicle a smooth and very futuristic look (yes, technically Siege is set in the past and all but I'm just commenting on aesthetics here). This mode really does a nice color break up. The outer edges are silver while the inner part is a combination of black and translucent grey. Add on the silver on the sides of the wheels and on the headlights and this mode never looks boring. Even the lights in the back are painted with a bold strip of red paint. The Autobot symbol in front helps round out the deco and I love how it looks.
The shoulder cannons can attach to the slots on the hood and the blaster connects to the attachment point where the light bar would have attached on Prowl. Since there are no ports on the sides of the vehicle, you pretty much have to rely on this port on the top to attach anything else. Now, this is not all bad. If you say, used Sixgun's torso on top of that you can build on that to attach a lot more.
Bluestreak is not the most exciting redeco ever, but he fills in a lot of gaps in Siege. He is a character most people will want to add in to complete their "1984" cast. It also gives us a much nicer deco on this sculpt than the original release and we get all three weapons intended for the sculpt. Recommended!
- Includes all three accessories intended for the figure.
- Very nice deco compared to the original Prowl release.
- This base sculpt has seen four releases in Siege so some fans may feel it has worn out its welcome.