Toy News: Street Fighter and Transformers official crossover
Earlier today several news outlets began to report that there would be a new crossover in the Transformers universe: Street Fighter! Street Fighter now joins Marvel and Star Wars as other brands that have crossed paths with the Transformers toy line. The listings for these unique figures have been posted to Takara Tomy Mall. Each figure is a redeco of an existing "Generations" figure representing Street Fighter characters. So far it looks like there will be four figures:
- Chun Li based on "Generations" Arcee
- Ken based on Titan Master Hot Rod with Firedrive
- M. Bison (aka Vega in Japan) based on Titan Master Megatron with Doomshot
- Ryu based on Titan Master Optimus Prime with Diac
The figures will be in two sets: Chun Li versus Ken (8,000 Yen, about 71.29 USD) and Ryu versus M. Bison/Vega (12,000 Yen, about $106.93 USD). They are due for release in May 2018.
As if this news wasn't enough, Game Watch has written up an article featuring an interview with Mr. Daisuke Onohara of Takara Tomy. There are some interesting nuggets in the interview (that I read via Google translate, so take things with a grain of salt). These include:
- The line was intended to celebrate the 30th anniversary of "Street Fighter"
- Takara Tomy approached Capcom about the line.
- Key features of the characters from "Street Fighter" are emulated in the decos including Ken's bushy eyebrows and Ryu's trademark headband.
- Many parts are painted in flesh tones, but the designers were very conscious that these are robots so they tried not to overdo the flesh tone parts.
- The sets will be packaged in a sort of "fighting diorama" inside the box.
- Those who order between November 22nd to 27th 12:59 will receive a display stand intended for Arcee/Chun-Li to simulate her spinning kick!